[Roundtable] Konrad Willi Döring: AI and Neurotechnology in the Near Future - In Need of a Global Inclusive Think Tank
Technology pushes us towards times of massive changes. Social Media once considered as mere nudging, has already shown its potential for full-blown social engineering. In comparison, how will Neurotechnology impact humanity? Alongside artificial intelligence, brain computer interfaces imminently mark an emerging revolutionary technology of the next decades. Whereas the two fields seem like a marriage of convenience, an ocean of implications and possible dangers arises, through misuse by both human or artificial intelligent parties. Meanwhile statistics and findings that are utilized to determine future policy-making are usually provided by research groups of universities and research institutes, both non-profit or for-profit, whereas in both cases we are potentially facing funding and publication bias. Further there is a trend of AI scientists being attracted by large companies, leaving it to the company to decide what findings to publish and which not.Aspolitics usually lack behind in effective decision-making, it is now time to apprehend the complete spectrum of our responsibilities. We propose and would like to discuss a global hub that connects experts from various fields, such as politicians, economists, computer scientists with socialists, psychologists and neuroscientists:
- integrating existing think tanks based on transparency and impact, embrace data science and modeling of information, predictive analytics
- identify synergetic potentials, elaborate on systematic approaches and strategies to minimize cognitive biases
- place incentives for collaboration
- increase integrity and validity in scientific findings, by embracing blockchain technology
- streamline science policies, knowledge distribution
- define and serve common goals, identify limits
- retreat as think tank (exemplarily tracing the path of the Esalen Institute, construe chances to establish the blueprint of a modern cosmopolitical place to reflect, synergize and expand consciousness in times of fragmented focus.
- the development of cognitive architectures (AI), i.e. flexible expert systems to support data analysis and thus decision-making - over time reach towards a global metamind supporting us to further understand where we think we want to go as human kind
This round table is an attempt to stimulate discussions on neurotechnology, transhumanism and global collaboration strategies, as well as exploring the founding of a novel think tank.
Brought to you by Revision.io of REVISION